12/1 at @LoyolaLawSchool in #LosAngeles: Immigrant Communities, Policing & Public Safety
via NDLON: “Great lineup growing for very timely discussion. As LAPD considers detainer policy, as LASD responds to lawsuit, and as Governor pledges to work on TRUST Act, LA has a lot to learn from Chicago… “
Join our panel of legal experts and elected officials for a discussion about the role of local police and immigration enforcement as well as emerging policies that limit immigration detainer request responses also known as ICE holds.
Date: Saturday December 1, 2012
- Jesus Garcia: County Commissioner, Cook County, Illinois
- Hiroshi Motomura: Susan Westerberg Prager Professor of Law, UCLA Law School
- Aarti Kohli: Former Director of Immigration Policy at Warren Institute, Berkeley Law
- Thomas A. Saenz: President and General Counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense Fund
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- Los Angeles Police Chief Beck
To RSVP or for more information email: Jennifer.Macias@lls.edu
Loyola Law School provides a forum for the dissemination of diverse viewpoints to promote the examination of important academic and social issues. This does not mean that Loyola Law School endorses those viewpoints.