News roundup on Detention & Deportation, week ending 2/5/10
**See quotes in the article below from DWN members Benita Jain of the Immigrant Defense Project, Chung Wha Hong of the NY Immigration Coalition, Karen Grisez, Matt Adams of the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project and Jean Montrevil and Ravi Ragbir of Families for Freedom
- New York Daily News: Shifting detainees just un-American
- The Nation: Slideshow — Is 2010 the Year of Real Immigration Reform?
- Houston Chronicle: Bus companies accused of immigrant smuggling
- Cybercast Service News: ICE Official: Work-Site Arrests of Illegal Aliens ‘Down From Previous Years’
- Fox News Houston (TX): 22 People Arrested in Immigration Raids
- Washington Post: Judge won’t dismiss suit over US citizen detention
- New York TIMES/AP: Police: Calif Man Posed as Marshal to Deport Woman
- Fox News: Report Cites Problems in Immigration System, Calls for Overhaul
- Washington Examiner (DC): Sweep nets immigrants with criminal charges
- Providence Journal (RI): How did dozens of illegal immigrants end up shoveling snow at Gillette?
- AZ Republic: Arizona transfers migrant inmates to ICE custody
- Gotham Gazette: Haitian’s Case Focuses Attention on Deportations
- Washington Examiner: ICE plans expansion of immigration database program
- New York Times: Hundreds Arrested in Drug Raids