CANCELLED: 2/26 Conference Call: Uncovering the Truth on ICE and Police Collaboration – A Week of Coordinated Events and Advocacy
CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES:
2pm est//11am pst
To receive call- in details email: email@example.com
With immigration checks set to be in all jails by 2013, local and national groups feel a sense of urgency to develop short-term and long-term strategies to slow down and turn back this alarming trend.
Please join us to discuss plans for a week of coordinated events, information gathering, and press work in opposition to local immigration enforcement policies, such as the 287(g) and Secure Communities programs. This is an initial short-term effort that aims to create a space for a longer-term strategy before it’s too late.
Hear what local groups around the country are doing to gather information, educate communities, and bring this issue to the forefront. The kick-off date of these events will be in mid-March with the filing of a lawsuit for a Federal FOIA regarding Secure Communities.
To coordinate locally or for more background contact:
- Florida: Subhash Kateel (FLIC)
- Georgia: Azadeh Shahshahani (ACLU, GA)
- Houston, Texas: Cesar Espinoza (America Para Todos)
- Los Angeles, California: Carl Bergquist (CHIRLA)
- New Jersey: Diana Mejia (Wind of the Spirit)
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Jacinta Gonzales (New Orleans Center for Racial Justice)
- New York: Angad Bhalla (New Sanctuary Movement)
- North Carolina: Dani Martinez-Moore (NC Justice Center)
- Philadelphia: Jen Rock (New Sanctuary Movement)
- Phoenix, AZ: Carlos Garcia (Puente)
- Pomona, California: Suzanne Foster (Pomona Opportunity Resource Center)
- Washington, DC: Makenzie Baris (DC JWJ)