Seven Actions YOU Can Take to Stop SB-1070 in Arizona!
Across the country, people are outraged by SB-1070, the recent legislation passed by the Arizona State Legislature that would permit racial profiling and enable local police to enforce federal immigration law. The bill will become law on Saturday at midnight unless the Governor Jan Brewer vetoes it. For more information, see:
- Amnesty International USA: Tell Arizona’s Governor to Veto SB1070!!!
- ACLU of Arizona: PDF of Section-by-section analysis of the bill
Take action and tell the Governor to veto SB-1070!
[List in formation. Please suggest additions in comments below.]
1. Call Governor Jan Brewer’s office: Tell her to veto the bill. Tel: 1-(800) 253-0883
2. Send an email to the Governor:
3. Post a message on the Governor’s website: Use the webform.
4. Fax a letter: (602) 542-1381 or use Credo’s webform
5. Sign Petitions:
6. Spread the word on Facebook and organize others:
- Change your profile picture to the image above and start conversations with your Facebook friends about it.
- Leave a comment on Governor Jan Brewer’s page (You need to become a fan first).
- Join the group The People Against SB 1070
- Join the group Alto Arizona!
- Become a fan (or “like”) Alto Arizona Art Campaign (and make your own art to support the campaign)
- Become a fan (or “like”) Puente
7. Participate in upcoming events and/or organize your own!