5/25 telebriefing: Resistance Against SB1070 Escalates – Massive National Mobilization in Phoenix on May 29, 2010 and New Boycott Targets Unveiled
- Sarahi Uribe 202-285-9673 sarahiuribe(at)gmail.com
- B Loewe 773-791-4668 bloewe(at)onpointconsortium.org
What: Media Briefing Call on SB1070 and National March on Phoenix
Speakers on the call will share plans for the mega march on May 29th, present the latest list of confirmed national and local speakers, announce solidarity actions throughout the country, and unveil new boycott targets.
When: Tuesday May 25th, 1:00-2:00pm EST
Where: Telebriefing – Register here
- Pablo Alvarado, Executive Director, National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Salvador Reza, Organizer, Puente Movement in Phoenix, Arizona
- Dr. Warren Stewart, Sr., Pastor, First Institutional Baptist Church
- Antonio Bustamante, Civil Rights Attorney, Phoenix, Arizona
- Alfredo Guitierrez, Chair of Arizona Boycott Committee and Founder of Lafronteratimes.com
- Alma Mendonza, worker and neighborhood defense committee leader
Why: Phoenix, Arizona – In the last month, local, national, and international pressure has grown with vigils, fasts, protests, high school walkouts, boycotts, and civil disobedience—all in repudiation of SB1070, a law that creates 21st century apartheid in the United States.
From Phoenix to Mexico to South Africa — the eyes of the world are watching an atrocious human rights crisis while President Obama and his administration fail to act.
On May 29, 2010 people of conscience from throughout the United States and Phoenix will march in the tens of thousands to the State Capitol to demand justice in the face of state-sanctioned discrimination and hate. They will demand that President Obama stand on the right side of history and take immediate and concrete action to stop SB1070.