Comment on Obama’s speech: “We’ve improved accountability & safety in detention system.”
July 2, 2010
What did you think of Obama’s statements on immigration enforcement and detention?
Leave a comment below.
DWN members respond to speech:
- The Advocates for Human Rights: The Advocates Responds to President Obama’s Speech on Immigration
- Breakthrough’s Restore Fairness blog: President Obama gives immigration reform a boost on Independence Day weekend
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA): E Pluribus Unum: Out of Many, One – Congress must follow President Obama’s major speech on immigration with swift action [Also see LA Now blog: Many encouraged by Obama’s call for immigration reform but concerned about lack of specifics]
- Human Rights First: Immigration Reform Must Ensure Refugee Protection – As Obama calls for bipartisan reform, Human Rights First stresses importance of safeguards in detention and protecting refugees’ access to fair asylum proceedings
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights: Obama Says Immigration Reform Urgently Needed
- Nationl Immigrant Justice Center: SPEECHES AREN’T ENOUGH: President Obama, Congress Must Take Concrete Action to Fix Inhumane U.S. Immigration System
- National Immigration Law Center: ACTION SHOULD FOLLOW TALK: NILC Executive Director Marielena Hincapié Responds to President Obama’s Speech Calling for Congress to Act on Immigration Reform
- Physicians for Human Rights: Comprehensive Immigration Reform and Moral Imperative