Salvador Reza, @PuenteAZ Leader, Arrested Without Cause. Free Sal Now!
[UPDATE: SAL WAS RELEASED SATURDAY MORNING! But keep up the pressure!]
via Puente & NDLON:
A leader of human rights was wrongfully arrested today. Salvador Reza is being held by Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio as a political prisoner in Arizona. Sign the petition that says, “I Stand with Sal. Free Him Now.”
Today, Sheriff Arpaio responded to continued acts of non-compliance by targeting and arresting human rights organizer and leader of the Phoenix-based Puente Movement, Salvador Reza.
Previous and unrelated to Reza’s arrest, 10+ people of conscience placed themselves in front of a caravan of Sheriff vans to block them from carrying out another raid in the community. Protestors chanted “Arrest Arpaio, Not the People” and “Not One More.”
- If you’re in the Phoenix area, join us outside the jail at 35th ave & Lower Buckeye.
- If you’re outside the area, text “Arizona” to 50555 to donate $5 to the bail fund or click, http://bit.ly/azdonate
- Sign the petition, “I Stand with Sal. Free Him Now.”
With the Sheriff overstepping bounds to the point that Human Rights organizers are becoming political prisoners, what more will it take for the Obama administration to actually intervene? Free Sal Now!
- Photos are available at http://flickr.com/photos/puenteaz
- Video is available at http://youtube.com/puenteaz