Follow up re: Call on Advocacy Efforts for Detained Asylum Seekers
via Annie Sovcik of Human Rights First:
Thanks to those of you who joined the DWN call discussing the Refugee Protection Act of 2010, and thanks to all of you for your ongoing advocacy efforts related to the detention of refugees and asylum seekers. Included in this email are advocacy tools to assist you in your work. If you have any questions about the enclosed material, please contact me at sovcika(at)humanrightsfirst.org.
- Click here to download and read the PDF of the letter submitted by 89 organizations and 99 individuals expressing support for the Refugee Protection Act of 2010 (S. 3113).
- To download and read Human Rights First’s summary of the Refugee Protection Act, click here.
- Also download an analysis of the bill created by Sen. Leahy’s office: PDF: RPA 2010 section by section
- The text of the Refugee Protection Act, S. 3113 can be found here.
- To review written testimonies submitted for the May 19, 2010 Hearing before United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, “Renewing America’s Commitment to the Refugee Convention: The Refugee Protection Act of 2010’