December 22, 2011
Written by Andrea Black, Executive Director, Detention Watch Network
I want to express my deepest gratitude for your support of DWN this past year and for your continued commitment to fundamentally transform the U.S. immigration detention and deportation system so that it ensures the due process and human rights of all people.
In 2011, with your help, DWN supported and engaged members and allies across the country to raise awareness about the injustices of enforcement, detention and deportation policies and practices and empowered them to take action.
We built capacity through webinars, community presentations and trainings. As a national coalition, we advocated on behalf of immigrants in detention and immigrant communities for urgently needed reforms.
We have accomplished so much in the past year, but there is still much work to be done. Please support DWN’s work in 2012 with a special year-end gift.
Your contributions help support outreach, education and advocacy activities and enable DWN to strengthen and grow the network of organizations and individuals working to transform the system. For example, a gift of:
- $25 would help support DWN’s listserves so that advocates stay informed and updated on the latest news, reports and best practices.
- $50 would help support DWN’s social media network to connect and engage people who want to make change happen.
- $100 would help support member travel for education and advocacy activities.
- $250 would help support upgrades to the DWN Detention Map and other online tools and resources.
- $500 would help support activities under the Dignity not Detention campaign to repeal mandatory detention.
Please give what you can. Your support brings hope to thousands of immigrants, their loved ones and their communities, all of whom are impacted by a cruel and unjust immigration detention system.
Click here to give a gift today. Thank you so much!