We called on you artists out there to challenge immigration enforcement and detention by creating an image. And you delivered!
We’re still looking for more images: Send us your art!
- Create an image that shows your support for our demands (below).
- Make sure to include the title of the campaign in the work: “Dignity not Detention”
- Send all submissions and questions to tech(at)detentionwatchnetwork.org
- Deadline: We’re happy to accept art throughout the month.
- Image size must be 18×24 inches with a 1/2 inch border all the way around. We’d like these dimensions in case we want to publish the image in the future (with attribution of course).
Our Campaign Demands:
- Put an end to human rights abuses in the immigration detention and deportation systems.
- Halt wasteful government spending on detention growth.
- Prevent the arbitrary detention of more than 300,000 people year and start using cost-saving alternatives.
- Restore due process to immigration laws and guarantee that every person has the right to a fair day in court.
- End expansion of local enforcement programs that are contributing to the growth of the detention system.
We look forward to sharing your work on this blog and throughout our campaign!